In support of the overall mission of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Division I programs believe that intercollegiate athletics allow student-athletes the opportunity to compete at the highest level within the NJCAA while pursuing a two-year college degree.
Division I programs support three primary principles in the belief that these principles will provide further definition to the philosophy of the division:
- Provide resources that are in alignment with NJCAA rules and regulations and the member institution's educational mission, thus allowing the following:
- Full-scholarship opportunities that permit its members to recruit elite level talent regionally, nationally, and internationally, in pursuit of regional and national excellence and prominence;
- An unparalleled athletic experience from the practice field/court to the game-day experience; and
- Support for a competitive athletic schedule outside their region primarily against other NJCAA Division I programs while maintaining compliance with each institution's mission;
- Support national championships that would include a geographic representation through district championships and selections of at-large teams of championship caliber
NJCAA Division I Council Directory